Pasta bowl in need of a little boost? Butternut squash ribbons add antioxidants like beta-carotene, vitamins, and fiber to this all-in-one dish. meal makeover, DONE.
medium butternut squash (top “neck” portion only, about 12 oz)
olive oil, divided
garlic, thinly sliced
sage leaves, chopped
dry white wine
crumbled blue cheese
- Cook spaghetti per package directions.
- Meanwhile, peel squash neck (save the rest for another use) and spiralize on a thin noodle setting. Cut any very long strands in half.
- Heat 3 Tbsp oil in a large skillet on medium. Add garlic, walnuts, and sage and cook, stirring often, until nuts are lightly toasted and fragrant and garlic is golden brown, 4 to 5 minutes; transfer to a plate.
- To the same skillet, add remaining Tbsp oil and squash; toss to coat. Add wine and 1/4 tsp salt and cook, covered, until just tender, 3 to 5 minutes. Add spaghetti; toss well.
- Add kale, toss to combine, then stir in sour cream and mustard; simmer 2 minutes. Fold in walnut mixture and blue cheese.
Mix veg strips with pasta noodles for a perfectly balanced bowl.
Per serving: 540 cal, 29.5 g fat (6.5 g sat), 15 g protein, 360 mg sodium, 58 g carb, 4 g sugar (0 g added sugar), 6 g fiber